Delicious and Nutritious: Thai Mango Salad
Feeling like Thai tonight? Why not make your own delicious Thai Mango Salad instead of getting take away. Here’s a simple recipe that will leave you feel satisfied and nourished. There are many variations to a Thai Salad but this one is my favourite so far. This salad will blow your taste buds away with a beautiful mixture of flavours and texture. If you’re a vegetarian you can easily enjoy this as a meal and if you prefer to add some extra protein why not add some cooked prawns or chicken.
- 1 Big firm unripe mango (or 2 small ones)
- 1 Firm unripe paw paw
- Fresh chopped coriander
- Fresh chopped basil
- Fresh chopped mint
- Handful of peanuts or cashews
- Spring onion if you like
- Bean sprouts
- 3 tbs fish sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Step 1: If you are adding chicken or prawns pan fry till golden brown.
- Step 2: Simply chop the mango and paw paw into small strips and remove the skin. Or use a grater if you prefer.
- Step 3: Chop your herbs (basil, mint and coriander)
- Step 4: For your dressing mix 3 tbs fish sauce, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 tbs brown sugar, 2 tsp thai sweet chilli sauce till combined.
- Step 5: Combine all ingredient in a bowl and add your dressing. Top with roughly chopped peanuts or cashews.