Whether you’re on a specific diet, just eating healthy or getting lean for your next competition, there is always something you crave. Well if it is donuts you crave here’s a healthy protein donut recipe that will leave you feel a little less guilty. This recipes makes 12 and one donut is 101 calories, 2g fat, 12g carbs, and 8 grams protein (16%) this is a definite winner for a healthy treat.
Low Fat Protein Donut Recipe
- 136 g Oat Flour
- 50 g Coconut Flour
- 80 g Instant Natural Protein Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 10 g Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 125 ml Rice Milk
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- Warm up oven to 180 degrees celcius and spray cup cake tray or donut tray if you're lucky enough to have one
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Scoop batter into baking tray
- Bake for approx. 20 mins at 180 degrees C
- Let the donuts cool down. If you are using a cup cake tray carefully cut out the centre of the cup cake to create a donut.
- Top with your favourite glazing (see below)
You can be as creative as you want with this but here’s my recipe for the white vanilla peanut butter glaze.
1 scoop protein powder (vanilla)
1 scoop peanut butter
dash of milk / water
Mix in ninja blender
Spread the glaze over donuts using a spoon and top with desiccated coconut or chia seeds.
Melt 80% dark chocolate with a dash of water / milk. Mix until it becomes a shiny mixture. Spread over donuts and top with cacao nibs or chopped up chocolate bits.