Winter is officially here and the weather has certainly shown us what winter is all about. Cold winds, and excessive amounts of rain have made us rug up. What’s better than getting warm with a cup of hot chocolate? Well if you think it’s “too unhealthy” you have to try this recipe.
Healthy Hot Chocolate
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 cups of your choice of milk (almond, coconut, dairy)
- 2 heaped tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon organic manuka honey
- pinch of ground cinnamon if you like
- Combine liquid, cacao, honey and salt into a small pot.
- Gently heat (don't boil) and keep stirring.
- Pour into serving cups and enjoy!
- If it's too bitter, add more honey.
- Add cinnamon if you like.
Caroline Bakker http://www.carolinebakker.com/