Protein Cookie Recipe
As some of you know I’ve been on the “healthy tour” for about 6 weeks now. I am eating clean, training hard and loving it! This clean eating routine got me to try new recipes, including easy recipes for the below basic protein cookies.
Protein is a nutrient that is essential for growth and development. Protein is the second most abundant compound in the body after water and is fundamental to the structural and functional properties of all cells in our body. Our muscles are made of protein and some of our most important anabolic hormones are made of protein including insulin and growth hormone.
Proteins are involved with the metabolism of energy and nutrients in our body. In terms of sport, protein is the primary essential nutrient capable of building new muscle and repairing damaged muscle. Protein is found in both animal and plant sources, with animal sources being the best source of complete protein due to high availability of all amino acids.
- 2½ Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- ½ Banana
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ Teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 Scoops of your favourite protein powder
- 2 ½ cups of your favourite flour (oat, almond etc)
- 1 Cup of Raisins
- 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa
- 4 Egg whites
- Mix all dry ingredients (including raisins) together with a wooden spoon.
- Mix egg whites, banana, peanut butter together in a food processor/ninja blender/isa blender.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- To make the cookies: Wet your hands and roll small balls, then flatten these with your fingers.
- Bake in the over on 200 degrees Celsius for approx. 20 minutes.
- TIP: Make sure the consistency is nice and thick so that it is easy to roll balls. Now see below for the next step.
How to make protein cookies?
So here we go, an easy to follow recipe for a healthy quality snack on the go! Here’s what you’ll need:
2½ Tablespoons of natural peanut butter
1 Teaspoon of vanilla essence
½ Teaspoon of baking powder
2 Scoops of your favourite protein powder
2 ½ cups of Oat Flour (I made my own see below)
1 Cup of Raisins
2 Tablespoons of Cocoa
4 Egg whites (sorry they’re not on the photo)
How to make protein cookies
Add all the above ingredients into a bowl.
TIP: Make sure the consistency is nice and thick so that it is easy to roll balls. Now see below for the next step.
Bake in the over on 200 degrees Celsius for approx. 20 minutes.