Woke up too late to have breakfast? Too much in a rush to get that healthy start to the day? Well you may want to keep reading because I have the solution! If you are one of those people that just don’t bother to eat a healthy breakfast or simply don’t have time in the morning, you’ll have to try this yummy breakfast bake recipe which you can make in advance and enjoy for the next few mornings.
Caroline’s Breakfast Bake Recipe
The below breakfast bake recipe is merely a basis to which you can add pretty much anything you like. Whether you prefer more fruit, nuts or nothing at all, you can get as creative as you want and make different bakes each week.
My breakfast bake recipe is adapted from various ones that I found in Pinterest and I have chosen my favourite ingredients that aren’t just tasty, but are nutritious at the same time, which makes it a complete breakfast for me.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/8 cup fine desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon coconut blossom sugar (optional)
- 1 sachet of organic baby food 120g (e.g.apple pear cinnamon)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 3 eggs
- splash of vanilla essence
- Prep an oven tray and line with baking paper.
- Step 1: Toss "dry ingredients" in a bowl
- Step 2: Add half of the "toppings/extras" into dry mixture (save other half for on top)
- Step 3: Mix wet ingredients in a ninja blender or by hand
- Step 4: Pour wet ingredients onto dry ingredients and mix with a spoon (don't mix too hard, simply spoon around to combine, otherwise mixture will get too thick whereas you want it fluffy)
- Step 5: Add other half of toppings on top of your mixture
- Step 6: Bake on 200 degrees C for about 20 mins.